Monday, June 2, 2008

SICK BABIES

Sorry for the delay in posting – we’ve been so hectic lately.
I moved house and have had a pretty busy social life too, which hasn’t helped.

So anyway right now we have about FIFTEEN babies sick or critically ill, so our days have been filled with taking the babies to and from surgery to see the doctor, or looking after Annie’s kids at night while she rushes to Surgery to save dying babies like Zeke and Grace.

The doctors aren’t entirely sure what the babies have, only that some weren’t given much chance at living.

It’s been emotional and tiring and draining and yet so rewarding when they start feeling better again.

On top of this have been trips to the village with the toddlers who are about to move there. We had a fun car ride to the village where they all fell asleep, and they met up with all of their buddies who moved from the babies home in march.

On the way back from one of the village trips we picked up another new baby and Laura and I took her home for the night and did shifts to wake up and feed her two hourly. She has a sixteen year old drug addict mother who has neglected her, but she is so cute and she’s settling in well now.


Anyway I will leave you with some photos....
This is me and baby zeke before he got very sick. When he came in he was less than ONE KILO, and he was doing so well and now he may die - but let's pray he doesn't.


Laura with Keith, Solomon, and me with mia.... having fun on the grass....

This is Izzy - ain't she cute.

This is Enoch - he was a sickly little baby not long ago and now look - he's a chubber

THis is Sam

Izzy drinking... Izzy once finished....
me feeding the babies...6 at a time... I am ready to give birth to multiple babies... I think I can handle it.

This is my darling JOY





No comments: